Disclaimer

The content of this blog does not reflect the positions of the Peace Corps and is solely the responsibility of the author.

In Which I am Not A Villain of Gaming

I never realized until recently that I wanted to make a cameo appearance as a PC game villain.  For their last project, I made my multimedia class design a game and implement one part of it.   This was also something of an exercise in trying to get them to think about what they need and tailor what they do accordingly, since a game design document isn't something you can just blindly follow steps to create.  Of course, some of them still tried, by downloading templates off the internet and not really editing them, and then we had to have a little discussion about plagiarism.  Oh well.  Some of them did put a lot of work and thought into the assignment.  My personal favorite game showed a student in a classroom, taking a test.  The object of the game is to cheat at least 30% of the time without the teacher (who wanders around the classroom randomly, and spins around at intervals) seeing. The students who created this game took pains to assure me that I was not the teacher in the game, and the sprite was nothing like me (which it wasn't). I am really disappointed.  That may have been my only opportunity to villain it up virtually.  

No comments:

Post a Comment