Disclaimer

The content of this blog does not reflect the positions of the Peace Corps and is solely the responsibility of the author.

In Which I am Feted to a Fare Thee Well.

Friday was tiring, which was a little ridiculous since the only thing I actually had to do was be a guest of honor.  Seriously, I made a speech and everything.  My department gave me a farewell luncheon, with important people like the deputy principal and registrar in attendance.  Speeches were made.  I was presented with a slightly misspelled certificate--which I love--saying that I saved the university as a Peace Corps volunteer.  They also bought me presents, including some of the beaded Masai sandals.  It was really sweet.  During his speech, the deputy principal told me that several of my students had come by his office requesting that I be ordered to stay.  That makes me feel really good, but at the same time, how tyrannical of the dear children.   


Do you have a signed certificate saying you saved a university? 

My new shoes.


Only a little over a week until I will have won Peace Corps.  Can I manage to die in a bus accident/electrical fire between now and then?  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment