Disclaimer

The content of this blog does not reflect the positions of the Peace Corps and is solely the responsibility of the author.

Stories of Magic: Enchickening the Spirits and Turning Loose the Mermaids

Back story here and here.  I have not received any burnt notes addressed to me.   This may, however, merely establish that, while dead, I am not a deity.  Or even an ancestor.  This is a hypothesis supported by my failure to control the weather by thinking about it and making weird faces.  After more consultation, however, it was established that "I drink, therefore I exist" is true, and if I am metabolically capable of inebriation, I must be alive.  QED.

Then to the lip of this poor earthen Urn
I lean'd, the Secret of my Life to learn: 
And Lip to Lip it murmur'd--"While you live 
Drink!--for, once dead, you never shall return." 

~Omar Khayyam, still solving our existential crises

In other news, not only are mermaids real, we can eat them.  A foodie friend recommends mermaid a la Meuniere, but with a mayonnaise sauce rather than browned butter.  I don't actually know what that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment