Disclaimer

The content of this blog does not reflect the positions of the Peace Corps and is solely the responsibility of the author.

In Which I Doubt the Reality of Current Events

Since this last week I am just having review classes I tell students they may attend if they have questions or anything they want me to talk about, and otherwise they are free to do other things.  Mostly because this being the last week means I am almost as tired of classes as they are and hoping they are all too lazy to want reviews.  Mostly this works, and then I get to take naps.  I am a bad teacher.  Yesterday, however, a small group of multimedia students showed up because they wanted to learn about websites and blogs.  By small, I mean 5 or 6, who actually wanted to learn things and were willing to take extra time to come ask me questions I actually don't know the answers to, such as "how do you embed audio?"*  I am, however, having trouble believing such motivated students are real.  I may be hallucinating.

In other events of dubious reality I have been contacted by a friend who is currently in Bangkok and has met a French world traveler named Fabien who does something computer-y (she, not knowing anything computer-y herself, was fuzzy on the details), and wants to come to Tanzania to volunteer somehow and wants to meet me for help on this, but not until some time in the future because he is conveniently staying in scenic places in Asia and can't contact me for a while.   Either I am trapped in the opening paragraph of a romance novel or my friend is having me on.  Seriously, an idealistic French computer-y traveler in Bangkok who might meet me in Tanzania? Also, a little research about the name Fabien tells me the English version of the name is a ridiculously sleazy publishing house.  Which might actually support the romance novel theory instead.  Either way, I don't believe this person exists.

Some samples from Fabian's catalogue**





 *Apparently html5 has audio tags, which is convenient of it.
**found at bookscans.com, which is an awesome website.

No comments:

Post a Comment