Disclaimer

The content of this blog does not reflect the positions of the Peace Corps and is solely the responsibility of the author.

Sonnets from the Peace Corps: A Plea for Peace

O noisome rat, who liveth in my kitchen,
Thou and I should dwell in peace together.
Not for me the thrill to hunt the hidden.
Not for you the thrill of present danger. 

A tailless ape am I, of late descended
Out of arboreal plane and leaving there
Brutish fury and a lust for hot blood scented
To live a sheltered life in bookish lair.

Stay from my sight, I'll stay as before.
I do not want to leave my settled ways
To spread your steaming guts upon my floor.
In quiet, harmless scuttling spend your days.

I wish for peace, my rat, but I am deadly.
Should you transgress, you'll meet with my machete.

No comments:

Post a Comment