Disclaimer

The content of this blog does not reflect the positions of the Peace Corps and is solely the responsibility of the author.

Yet More Evidence Supporting my Hypothesis that I will Die in an Electrical Fire in this Country

I have been heating my water with this thing.  I put it in a bucket, I plug it in, the water in the bucket becomes warm, and I take a bath with the warm water.  It's a good system.


It's always been inclined to make ominous sizzlings that I've largely been ignoring, and I successfully ignored the sizzlings right up until one of the prongs melted the plastic around itself and got stuck inside the socket.

The hot plastic glued the prong into the power strip; I can't get it out.

The remnants.

Note the charring on the remaining prong. 
Back to heating bath water on the stove,  I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment