Disclaimer

The content of this blog does not reflect the positions of the Peace Corps and is solely the responsibility of the author.

In Which I Feel Better about Teaching

5 of my programming students from last year organized themselves and asked me to give them twice weekly tutorials in Python.  Students are voluntarily asking me for a class for which they get no credit when I have a reputation as a hard teacher.  This is probably the greatest compliment my students could ever give me.  We had our first meeting this morning.  They all showed up with their netbooks and took notes and worked on the example problem I gave them without complaining.

I got an email today telling me some of the people who were at my Linux seminar want to build a Linux community in Tanzania.  I am so proud of that seminar, and I am so happy that some of the people there want to work to build something lasting for Tanzania out of it.  I'm not sure exactly what they mean or are thinking of doing, but I'm reasonably sure I support it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment