Disclaimer

The content of this blog does not reflect the positions of the Peace Corps and is solely the responsibility of the author.

In Which I Almost Teach

Week two of classes is over for me.  The first week didn't happen because the class schedule wasn't completed until the end of the week, and this week, I managed to get a brief introduction in and discuss my new cell phone and lateness policies, and the rest of the class periods have been plagued by power outages.  The white boards are not usable because they have not been erased for years, so if I can't use the computers or the projector, I am just done.  At least people are showing up on time-ish now.  This is going to be an interesting semester anyway.  I am teaching just one module, Multimedia Applications Production, as an evening class.  According to the syllabus, all the interesting stuff about video editing I taught last semester in Intro to Multimedia I was actually supposed to teach this semester.  So I'm teaching them to make animations.  Which I don't really know how to do myself, so we'll see how this goes.  Then I'll make them make text based and ASCII art computer games.  Because I can.  The frightening thing is that I am probably the most qualified lecturer at the university to teach this class.

In other news, some time ago I was asked if I would be interested in performing on the silks for a fundraiser for a new school in Tanga.   Absolutely, yes!  They finally have a date, May 25, and I still find it awesome that I am being asked to perform on the silks in Tanzania! 

No comments:

Post a Comment