Disclaimer

The content of this blog does not reflect the positions of the Peace Corps and is solely the responsibility of the author.

From the Emotional Cookbook: Mulled Hibiscus Wine of Comfort

 It's cold.  I have a guest.  I have wine.  I can send my guest to find a small child to bribe into buying me oranges and spices, because I have reached a new level of laziness.
spices typically come in little plastic packets.  This is
cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves.  

A nice thing about Mbeya as opposed to Morogoro is
there are no termites in my twanga.  I can squish spices without
dumping the sawdust out first!


Orange peel artfully arranged as Pangaea. 

squished up spices, orange, and 1/13 cup sugar.  

The recipe said 1 bottle of wine, which I decided might be
around 2 500 ml water bottles dipped out of the hibiscus wine bucket.
These silly people whose wine comes in bottles.

It was yummy, once strained.  I was warm.  I was happy.  We had Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and I have bandannas for our heads.  We took the obligatory stupid photos.  Are adults allowed to have this much fun?

For the record, this is my broom and machete.

No comments:

Post a Comment