Disclaimer

The content of this blog does not reflect the positions of the Peace Corps and is solely the responsibility of the author.

In Which I Have a Sarcastic Demeanor and a Bad Attitude

I survived the Peace Corps conference.  But only by a little.  During the bus ride the driver stopped to take something out of the engine.  It was not perhaps the most critical part, or so I assume since he resumed driving and did not stop until a town several hours down the road to buy and install a new part.





The resort was nice.  Mostly because I skipped most of the training to do a lot of swimming and take lots of showers.  Such water pressure, darlings!   There was also really really good food buffet style.  Which we ate very fast because we were afraid they would take the food away from us.   I ate so much I eventually stopped being interested in food.

View from the balcony in my hotel room.  

I tried going to training sessions, but there was too much writing about feelings on flip chart paper.



After I gave up going to trainings another volunteer told me this is really all for the best since I have a sarcastic demeanor and a bad attitude.  Damn straight.

At Peace Corps trainings
With wine and bad attitude.
The wine goes away.  

Currently, I am getting actual real work done, though unfortunately still while in Dar.  I just received a text from my deputy department head asking me if I can take over a class they just, at week 5 (?6?) into the semester, realized no one was teaching.  I don't actually know what class this is, since he described it as "internetworking."   I didn't realize that was even a thing.  

At least I got to spend the always fun evening with friends, overpriced drinks, and hookahs on the roof of the swanky Holiday Inn, where we received a visit from a lovely preying mantis.

A probable she,
The preying mantis greets us,
Sampling our peanuts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment