Disclaimer

The content of this blog does not reflect the positions of the Peace Corps and is solely the responsibility of the author.

In Which I Seem to have Acquired a Second Job

At the teachers' college, I teach six periods a week, and the rest of the time I am either making sure the labs work, trying to avoid the entitled people who shove their personal laptops at me and demand I fix them, or just reading Russian novels on my computer.  Ebooks are the best thing ever for killing time at work.  Also, for some reason, the men of the department who don't do their own cooking and cleaning don't understand why I don't want to be at the office for more than 8 hours a day.   After I complained to Peace Corps, I was put in touch with some people from Ohio State University who are working at the nearby agricultural university.  As it turns out, this university could really use some computer people around because they are currently trying to improve their computer infrastructure.   I have no firm schedule or idea of what all they want me to do as yet, but for the nonce I have been asked to show up at a meeting to consult on writing a proposal for a new computer lab, for the which they are getting $1 million from USAID as soon as they can come up with a coherent plan.  I have more to do, and a convenient excuse for not spending all my time at the office.  I'm not seeing a downside.  Also,   I am being asked to help spend $1 million.  I will not advise gambling, booze, and a racehorse.  Really.

1 comment:

  1. Spend it... spend it. It;s ONLY 1 mill.. in these times just a little bitty drop in the vast bucket of government deficit.

    ReplyDelete