Disclaimer

The content of this blog does not reflect the positions of the Peace Corps and is solely the responsibility of the author.

In Which the Morogoro Region Discovers the Greatest Two Minutes in Sports

We had a Kentucky Derby party at my house, and did amazing things like make mint juleps,* play on my silks, hike up to a waterfall, make bacon-avocado-cheese sandwiches, pick our favorite horses based on the names, and go to bed immediately after the race, because it was getting close to 2am for us.


*be impressed that we found mint.  It took wandering around the market asking "kuna majani ya mint?[are there mint leaves?] and then it was very pathetic looking mint, but we had it.












Scary spider in invisible web that I almost walked into.




View from the waterfall











No pictures of us sitting around watching a computer, but I did paint my toenails the colors of the horse I wanted to win.  He didn't.  


No comments:

Post a Comment